Mil Bradley's Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mil Bradley's Dream

Post by Hollis Brown on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Mil Bradley's Dream

Stakeford River. It is daytime, and the sky is sunny and blue and cloudless. Nothing appears unusual in the slightest. The grass is tall and green. Up ahead, a family is having a picnic by the river: a woman, a man, a daughter, a son. The woman has long brown hair and wears a long blue dress. She is kneeling on the checkered red and white picnic blanket, while the man stands overlooking. He has short black hair and is wearing a white polo tucked into black slacks. He has his hands on his hips and is talking soundlessly to them. They give a muffled laugh.

The daughter and son are dressed identically in white t-shirts, white pants, and white shoes. Both have black hair. The girl's hair is in pigtails, and the boy's hair is rather shaggy. They look about 8 years old. They are playing a game of checkers against each other on a portable board. The board looks just like the picnic blanket, except smaller and made of sturdier material.

A familiar whistling can be heard, but the source of the sound is not apparent.
Hollis Brown
Admin

View user profile http://halfthetime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mil Bradley's Dream

Post by Jackson_Lee on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Jackson is walking along a trail running parallel to the river. He has a golf polo on, shorts, and tennis shoes. Oakley sunglasses cover his eyes. "Talk about a perfect day." Jackson says to himself, looking around from the sky, out to the horizon.
Jackson_Lee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Hollis Brown is wearing a white collared shirt with overalls smudged with grass stains on the knees. He wears heavy brown leather boots and his familiar cowboy hat. He reaches into the pocket of his overalls and pulls out a lighter. He then uses his other hand to take the object in his mouth out, only to then notice that it is not a cigarette, but a piece of straw. He looks at the lighter, then back at the piece of straw, and puts the lighter away and puts the straw back in his mouth.

He glances toward the trail nearby and notices Jackson walking. Hollis turns slightly and makes a small wave. "Howdy."
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Johnson on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:59 pm

Cameron is swimming at a deliberately slow pace along the river current. The current is almost non existent but the water feels heavy. It feels as though he is swimming in a river of chocolate pudding. Cameron is beginning to tire because of the immense effort he is putting forth to swim in the river. His muscles were screaming and his limbs began to feel like the were being ripped off of his torso. He fought his way to the river bank and grabbed onto a protruding root of a tree so he wouldn't drift away. He pulled himself up onto the bank and as he looked down he was shocked. There were giant gashes in his body some of them even went down to the bone. His bones dazzled white when the sun hit them. Weakly, he walked forward and when he saw the family, he fell on his knees and wept.
Cameron Johnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Mon May 23, 2016 7:05 pm

The son is the first to notice Cameron. He looks at the man, almost more bone than flesh visible, and then his sister, father, and mother turn their heads to look at him. They show no reaction on their faces. They sustain their neutral glance for a few seconds, before turning back to each other and their conversation. They mother says something soundlessly, and the other three can be seen making the motions of laughter.
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee on Mon May 23, 2016 7:36 pm

"Hollis." Jackson replied curtly to him. The sound of the whistling was finally heard by him, and was slightly annoyed at how familiar the tune of the whistle was but he couldn't pin down the name of the song. Jackson sat down on the ground next to Hollis. Jackson blinked and all of a sudden found himself in a lawn chair with an ice cold Coors in hand. He glanced to Hollis for a moment, then looked out to the river where he spotted Cameron crawling out of the water in a manner that caused him concern.
Jackson_Lee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset on Mon May 23, 2016 8:55 pm

The wheels of the aging Volkswagen Beetle rolled against gravel
in a crackling manner. Then the car came to a clearing and stopped. Sitting still and quiet in the driver's seat, an old man with long grey hair peered out toward the Stakeford River. His emerald eyes blinked as he saw someone dressed in pink, slowly navigating a small canoe down the river. In the face of Cliff Alset was thirty years put on. He reached for a pair of green sunglasses sitting in the passenger's seat. Then keeping his gaze fixed on the pink figure in the small canoe, Cliff emerged from his beloved Bug.

The sunshine hit his eyes. He slipped on the shades and walked to the river's edge. Voices to his left were heard. He could see people further down the shore. Suddenly the canoe was gone. Cliff removed the sunglasses and tried to find the vessel. Gone. However, someone was whistling a familiar tune. Cliff headed toward the people sitting along the banks of the beautiful Stakeford River.
Cliff Alset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Johnson on Mon May 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Cameron crawled weakly toward the family and screams, "For the love of god help!"
Cameron Johnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee on Fri May 27, 2016 12:47 am

Jackson leapt from the chair, knocking his beer over. But something strange caught his eye. The bottle was upside-down, beer spilling out, but it was frozen and floating in mid-air. Jackson stopped, looked to Hollis while motioning at the spilt beer, and gave a look of incredulity. "What the fuck?" Jackson mouthed before turning back, making a dash for Cameron.

Reaching Cameron, Jackson ripped his shirt from his body and ripped the shirt into long strips, and began to dress Cameron's wounds, especially the gaping wounds where bone was visible. "Cam, fuck man are you alright?" Jackson gasped before collecting himself, then set to work. "This is going to hurt." Jackson stated simply, without emotion, as he tightened a strip of fabric over a wound. "What is in that river that caused these wounds?"
Jackson_Lee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Sat May 28, 2016 1:14 pm

The people sitting at the picnic setup-- the man, the woman, the girl, and the boy-- each look up and over at Cliff as he approaches. Again, the son is the first to notice, followed by his sister, the father, and the mother. The father says while looking at Cliff, but no voice is audible. The daughter, who had been kneeling at the chess board, stands up and studies Cliff in silence.

The source of the whistling is approaching but still not in clear sight. The whistling has also increased in pace; the tune is being hummed at 1.25x the original speed. The difference is noticeable enough to anyone who had been listening to the tune before.

Hollis joins Jackson at Cameron's side. He studies Cameron's face as Jackson tends to his wounds.
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset on Sat May 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Cliff stood a few yards from the family staring at him. He looked over at Hollis and Jackson attending to a very injured Cameron. Removing his green sunglasses, Cliff's withered face seemed almost emotionless in expression. He tilted his grey, shaggy head to the right. While the mysterious whistling continued, Cliff cupped his mouth and shouted, "What the hell happened to Cameron?"
Cliff Alset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Johnson on Tue May 31, 2016 12:44 pm

Cameron pushes Jackson away as hard as he could manage. His face was serious and very grave. "Jackson, get the fuck away from me. Can't you see these wounds aren't caused by the river? Can't you tell what they are? I lost my whole fucking family in an accident and I've been forced to put on a facade. I've been forced to make everyone think that I'm okay. I've been forced to be strong so Ellie doesn't worry and I've been forced into finding this fucking killer so I can start to heal. This killer has cost me everything and given me nothing. We need to find this motherfucking piece of goddamn shit and end him. I have sat here mangled and tortured in my own head suffering quietly for months. I want him to feel the pain I've felt to feel the ridicule and pain that Samson felt. I want him to feel the fear that Danielle felt and I want him to feel the shock that Brandi felt when we end his miserable, petty, useless existence." Cameron fell onto his back exhausted.
Cameron Johnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

The mother at the picnic fades away. The sister runs away from the picnic scene, into the water. The father turns to the boy and grabs onto his collar. The boy's mouth is open wide, but no sound comes out. The father hits the boy and shoves him back down onto the picnic blanket, before hitting him again and again. Then the father fades, and the boy is left alone at the picnic scene. He is crying silently.

The river begins to bubble. The whistling is continuing at 1.5x the original speed. A massive rock emerges from the water, and the rock has seven eyes. The sky begins to darken. The boy looks up at the rock. His mouth is still open from when he was being beaten; his entire face is still frozen in that pained expression. In only three seconds, the boy is plucked by an invisible thread and hurled into rock.

The whistling stops and the dream ends.
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top