Ellie Swan's Dream

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ellie Swan's Dream

Post by Hollis Brown on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Jackson:
Samson the monk turns around. "Yes, Sir Jackson?" But something further on catches his attention. He shouts, "Sir Jackson! Behind you!" Behind Jackson is a hellish creature. It appears to be a giant, black widow spider-- only that instead of a spider's head, this creature has the head of the deceased Kelly Francis. It is Kelly's voice that quickly pleads with Jackson, "Don't hurt me! Don't hurt me!" Kelly's eight legs scurry backward. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Cliff:
"You asked what kind of troubling things you'd face," Danielle says. She points down the hall. "Well... Troubling thing ahead!" Danielle is pointing toward a massive clam sitting in the middle of the hallway. It is so large that it leaves no room for a person to pass by. The clam's shell has an unusual checkered pattern on it. When they advance closer to it, the shell suddenly flies open, revealing the inside of the clam. Sitting inside is its pearl-- but instead of a pearl, it is the dismembered head of Martha Ackerman. The eyes of the head look up at Cliff. They recognize him. "Help," she says. The clam shell closes shut again.

Cameron:
Ellie and Jackson exchanged glances. "Cameron..." She studies his face for a moment, before continuing emphatically, "What are you talking about? Has the Red Knight already managed to cast a spell on you...? I know that his knowledge of the arcane is great, but is even he capable of wiping memories now?" She bites her lower lip. "Cameron!" Ellie calls. "You must remember! You are our greatest wizard! We are defenseless without your help! Just concentrate, and I'm sure you'll be able to remember."
Hollis Brown
Admin

View user profile http://halfthetime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Jackson kept his hand on his sword, but did not draw it. "Stop... stop there. Who are... what are you?" Jackson asked, confused at what he was looking at.
Jackson_Lee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:09 pm

Cliff stands silently a mere ten feet from the giant, checkered clam. Fear and anger mix vehemently within him. Suddenly a weight is present in his right arm. A long-handled axe has appeared in his hand. He looks at it quickly, then flashes back to the monster clam before him. Cliff's anger rushes to the surface as he yells out, "You son of a bitch!" He steps closer and begins to wail away at the checkered shell. "God damn you all to hell!" The shell is tough as steel. "Ahhhh...FUCK YOU... YOU FUCKING MONSTER! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU" By now Cliff is crying in concert with his words of fire. "BRING THEM BACK! BRING THEM ALL BACK!" Swing after swing of the long-handled axe and the shell finally cracks. The blade is embedded tightly. Cliff growls like a wild beast and puts his left foot on the clam while forcing the axe backward with all his strength. The clam hisses, and a white steam spray emits from it's crooked mouth. "Yeah! Fuck you bitch!"
Cliff Alset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:01 am

Jackson:
Samson the monk grabs Jackson violently by the arm. "Sir, we must leave now! Ignore theses creatures! I am sensing danger ahead, in the Lady's quarters!" Samson pulls Jackson forward and breaks into a run down the hall. As they run, they pass one more creature: a cow with the head of Jenny Smith. The creature watches Jackson pass and repeats, "Watch out, watch out, watch out."

Samson the monk and Jackson reach the end of the hallway, where there is a yellow door.

"Be prepared for anything!" Samson the Monk opens the door, and in front of them is the room where Cameron is. Ellie, in her red dress, is standing near him. The other Jackson, who had appeared to Cameron before, has been replaced by a wax dummy of Cliff Alset.

Cliff:
Danielle the bard takes a few steps back. "Uhhh, Cliff..." She clears her throat. "I hate to interrupt, but, uh... We should probably get going. If we see anything else, just try not to hack it into pieces, okay?" Danielle takes Cliff's hand and leads him further down the hallway. Sure enough, within a short amount of time they reach another creature: a baboon with the head of Christina Farrow, the deceased Porker's hostess. Danielle tugs harder on Cliff's hand and hurries him past the baboon, which calls to Cliff, "The dream is a nightmare! The dream is a nightmare! The dream is a nightmare!"

Danielle the bard and Cliff reach the end of the hallway, where there is a yellow door.

"What I'm about to show might be a bit shocking to you," Danielle warns. She eyes Cliff. "But I assure you, this is the Lady of this castle."

Danielle opens the door. A large throne room has been revealed. The floor, walls, and ceiling are all red. The room is occupied by shirtless men in tight black pants. Some of these men are from Stakeford, and some are unfamiliar. Among the recognizable men are Mil Bradley, Max West, Angelo, and Jackson. Their bodies are glistening with sweat, and when the door is opened, Danielle and Cliff are confronted by a wave of heat and a sultry smell.

The shirtless Angelo and the shirtless Jackson are fanning off the Lady of the castle, who sits on a red throne. She is wearing blue lingerie and a crown made out of shrew bones. She notices Cliff's appearance at the door and beckons him. "Come, my servant," calls Ellie the blue.
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:55 pm

At this point, Cliff feels numb all over. His hands are empty. He raises his arms slowly and wipes the tears from his face with sweaty palms. Everyone in this red room seems to be staring at him. Cliff walks closer to the Lady in blue and bows in timid gesture. "I just want to wake up." There is a silent pause in the sultry air of redness. "I could have saved her. She was only INCHES away from my grip. I could have grabbed my Angela and she'd still be with me." Shaking his shaggy hair, Cliff looked right into the eyes of Ellie the Blue. "Just tell me what I should do."
Cliff Alset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Cliff looks at everyone in the misty red room. "What should we all do? Where do we go from this place?" He is sweating. Cliff wipes his face with both hands. "Dear Lady of the Castle, friends. strangers... how do we all get back to Stakeford?"
Cliff Alset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:16 pm

"Get back to Stakeford?" Ellie the blue repeats. She cocks her head to the left. She purses her lips into a smile. "What a silly thing to ask." Angelo and Jackson look intently at Cliff. Ellie takes her eyes off Cliff and surveys the room. She clears her throat and says, "Men, kneel." The men in the tight black pants kneel in two rows descending from the throne.

"Poor thing, you don't even have a home to go back to." Ellie the blue rises. "It must be awful, losing someone you loved. I am a firm believer in overused sayings and cliches, I'll have you know. So I will insert two and let them speak for themselves: 'Home is where the heart is' and 'It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.' That last one is a funny thing. I didn't quite understand it myself until very recently."

Ellie the blue walks through the open clearing between the two rows of men. Her eyes are on Cliff. "I was so naive. I didn't know what I was missing out on, but now that I know..." Ellie stops abruptly and turns slightly to her right. She bends down and caresses Max West's cheek and then cups his chin. She leans toward him and kisses him on the lips. She straightens her posture, looks back at Cliff, and licks her lips clean. "I can't get it out." Ellie gestures toward the space behind Cliff.

"She must have understood..." Ellie gestures toward where Danielle had been standing. She is gone, and so is the door. "That I'm not interested in women or make-believe boys." Ellie places her hands on Cliff's arms. She looks him over from top to bottom. Her eyes pause on his mid-region and finally rest on his eyes.

"It must be so difficult being so stupid and knowing that your own stupidity has cost lives." Ellie's lips form a pout. "Someone really should take care of you." Her hands trace their way up his arms. "There's this thing some call the 'little death,' but it makes me blush to speak of it..." Her hands gently land on the base of Cliff's neck. A smile flickers. "But now... Why, I think I'm falling for you..." She leans her face closer to his. "Head over heels..." Ellie's' hands tighten around Cliff's neck. She throws her weight forward and shoves Cliff back against the wall. She presses her nails into his neck, drawing blood as she squeezes tighter and tighter. She is crying.
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Cliff Alset looks into the eyes of Ellie, then quickly takes hold of her wrists. Something in her tearful eyes was speaking deep within. "It's you. Ellie Swan. It's all within you. I can SEE it!" Cliff tightens his grip on the blue lady. "Lady of the Castle! Lady of the Well!" He pauses shortly and coughs. "The monster... the killer...it's you, god dammit! This is all YOUR fucking dream! Well I've had it! I wanna wake up now! You HEAR me in there? I fucking want to wake up...NOW!"
Cliff Alset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:15 pm

A loud whistling pierces through both dreams. Ellie the Red, who is with Cameron and Jackson, and Ellie the Blue, who is with Cliff, both look around to find the source of the sound. The tune is familiar, but neither Ellie knows where she has heard it before. Then, when they look back to the men who have inhabited their dreams, a look of alarm passes over their faces.

"Hurry, we must hurry!" Ellie the Red pleads with Cameron. "I sense a great evil, a great and terrible magic..."

A faint impression flickers into Cameron and Jackson's view. The image is the double image of Ellie the Blue, faint and just apart from the body of Ellie the Red in front of them that this apparition is distinct. Where the faint image overlaps with Ellie the Red, the dress appears purple.

The faint image of Ellie the Blue looks back, then forward again, while Ellie the Red continues to look imploringly at Cameron.

"Can't you save me?" Ellie the Red swallows hard.

A voice echoes through the room Cameron and Jackson are in. The voice is garbled and slightly distorted and peers in as though through radio static. "It's you. Ellie Swan. It's all within you. I can SEE it!" The faint image of Ellie the Red flickers out of view, then immediately back into view. "Lady of the Castle! Lady of the Well!"

Ellie the Red rushes forward and grabs Cameron's arms. "It's him, it's the Red Knight, he's trying to turn you against me. He knows you are the only one who can hurt me, and he's trying to trick you. Cameron, please! Don't be tricked!"

"The monster... the killer...it's you, god dammit! This is all YOUR fucking dream! Well I've had it! I wanna wake up now! You HEAR me in there? I fucking want to wake up...NOW!"

Cliff's image begins to flicker into Cameron and Jackson's view. His image is even fainter than Ellie the Blue's. The image of Cliff stands immediately in front of the other image, such that Cameron is looking through Cliff at the dreamer, at Ellie, who is now one composite with a purple dress.
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:42 pm

In the growing, misty, reddish haze, Cliff had somehow escaped the claws of the blue Ellie. He stands with blood dripping down his neck. The sticky sweat is causing his wounds to sting sharply. Cliff quickly removes his shirt and attempts to clean his face. Now his eyes are stinging as he desperately tries to focus. He turns around and sees Lady Ellie flashing from blue to red and back to blue in a rapid and distorted fashion. The whole room is now without edges---like a being in a cloud, a cloud with familiar faces floating in front of him. There is Jackson's face. There is Cameron's face. Both are trying to set there eyes on him through the terrible haze. "I'M HERE!", Cliff screams. "IN HERE!
HEY! I'M RIGHT HERE!"
Cliff Alset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:03 pm

The fields were unified.

Cameron, Jackson, Cliff, and Hollis are each standing on narrow white columns that are reaching up from an abyssal nothing below. Each of them is several feet from the other, and there is just barely enough room on the rounded top of these columns to stand comfortably. The four are wearing black suits with blue ties.

The four columns form a circle around Ellie, who is on her own column. She is wearing a purple dress. A noose hangs from the void above. The noose is dangling in front of her, hovering over the abyss. Ellie looks at each of the men around her.

“It was…”

She swallows.

“It really was me, wasn’t it?”

Ellie looks at Jackson. “You have to believe me, I didn’t know. I, I didn’t know that it was me, I didn’t… I…”

Ellie looks at Cliff. “It wasn’t until, wasn’t until you said that… It sort of, clicked. It sort of, flooded… This…”

Ellie looks at Hollis.  “I…”

Ellie looks at Cameron. “Oh, God… Cameron, it was me!”

She looks toward the dark space below. Tears well up in her eyes and slide down her cheeks. She keeps her head down. The tears roll down, one after the other, after the other after the other aftertheother aftertheother afterother afterafterafteraf

“There was this man… He was dressed very strangely, he… He came up to me and offered to make this deal with me… He said he knew I was lonely, and I told him I wasn’t, but he said he knew, and he started to say these things about me that no one else could possibly have known, and he said he could cure that. He said he could help me find love. He would make it happen. He would guarantee it. He would bring someone into Stakeford, someone who would love me. He would draw him here, and the person would think he was doing it out of his own free will. I asked him what the catch was, and he said that there wasn’t one, only that… Only that I would forget that he ever brought it up to me, and he said it was important that… That I understand that he would make sure that if this person left me, the person he’d send for me, that there would be other men who would see me. He stressed that. He stressed that all of the men would want me. And I didn’t think anything of it, I just said, ‘Please.’ And now… Oh, God, Cameron, I’m sorry, I’m sorry you got dragged into this, I’m sorry that all of this happened, and those people… I didn’t know, I swear…!”

There is a rumbling in the ocean of consciousness. Ellie grabs hold of the noose. She looks through the hole in the noose, at Cameron, who is directly across from her.
“Ellie…” Cameron reaches his hand toward her. “Ellie… What are you doing?”

She lowers her gaze.

“I don’t give a fuck if I was supposedly brought to Stakeford because of that man,” Cameron says. “Even if it wasn’t by chance and before I was being made to love you, that doesn’t matter. Because I love you now. You didn’t know what you were doing. I don’t know what’s going to happen when we leave this dream, but I’ll be there for you and protect you. We’ll explain everything, and no matter what happens, you won’t be alone. You got that, Ellie? So let’s just go home.”

Ellie shakes her head. “Cameron, I—“ Ellie’s eyes meet Cameron’s. “Cameron, I don’t love you. It was all fake. None of it was real. You were being manipulated, and I was being manipulated, and none of it was fucking real. Okay? I don’t love you. We don’t even know each other. You were made to love me, but I was also made to act in a way that would make you love me. I said things and did things I’d never do. And I didn’t do them out of love. I didn’t even choose them. Not consciously. I just watched my body and listened to my words. It was like a show. I just watched it happen. I enjoyed it. Your love, your kisses, your body, your devotion, your dependence on me, your trust. I enjoyed it secondhand. I enjoyed how you wanted me, before you even knew me. And even when you ‘got to know me,’ how you didn’t know me. How you didn’t care. How just kept pushing on, crawling deeper into me.”

She takes a deep breath. “That’s why I’m not coming back from this. I can’t continue. I don’t deserve to continue after what I’ve done. I know, you probably think that this is another unnecessary death, that I’m another victim, that even I’m worth sparing. That’s bullshit. I haven’t learned my lesson. I’d do it all again. You know that, right? I’d do it all over again, if I could! I’d, I’d let myself be taken over again. I’d watch the whole thing unfold. I’d love the sensations, I’d love the attention, I’d love the power… All the things I’d be able to enjoy, that I’d never be willing to do myself. I’d do it all again. More people would die and get hurt. And maybe it would never happen again. Maybe I’d never meet that man again. Maybe I’d never have that kind of power. But I’d do it, if I ever got the chance, and I will never change. I am leaving. Cameron. I’d say I’m sorry, but really.”

The void is silent. Ellie smiles. “Really, I don’t give a shit.”

Ellie slips her head into the nose and steps off the column.

As her body begins to squirm, the ocean of consciousness ripples.

The columns begin to sway.

Dogs bark from everywhere.

Each of them lose their balance and begin to fall.

Two voices. A child and a man. They ask, “How far down?” and the dream ends.
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top