half the time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Agent David Spencer's Dream

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Special Agent David Spencer's Dream Empty Special Agent David Spencer's Dream

Post by Hollis Brown Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Special Agent David Spencer's Dream Spence10

Special Agent David Spencer's Dream

A vacant ballroom. A beautiful gold chandelier hovers above. Thick red curtain surrounds the circumference of the room and are parted toward two doors, one on opposite end of the other. The doors are wooden and massive. Jocelyn Montgomery's performance of "Viridissima" can be heard echoing through the ballroom.

The ballroom floor is a dull golden color. One of the candles on the chandelier has either gone out or was never lit.
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

https://halfthetime.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Special Agent David Spencer's Dream Empty Re: Special Agent David Spencer's Dream

Post by Cliff Alset Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 pm

One of the doors is being pounded upon. Not a loud, obtrusive pound mind you, but rather softly, and seemingly in time with the angelic music. It echoes through the empty ballroom. There's someone wanting to come in.
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Special Agent David Spencer's Dream Empty Re: Special Agent David Spencer's Dream

Post by Cliff Alset Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:49 pm

The pounding continues on the large wooden door. "Boom...boom...boom...boom" It suddenly ceases. The red curtain to the right side begins waving and billowing. An anxious voice is heard behind the crimson drapes. "I was at the door. How did I get here?" Punches against the curtain move to the left. A hand first appears, gripping the edge. Then the face of a frightened man appears. He looks up at the golden chandelier and absorbs the beautiful music. His eyes follow down to the large door opposite of him. He then quickly turns around and sees the door behind him. "I was THAT door!", Cliff Alset convinces himself. He notices the curtains surround the empty ballroom. "Is there anybody OUT there?"
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Jackson found himself amongst the orchestra. Deafened slightly, he wandered out to the middle of the ballroom. He spun around, trying to get a grasp on the vast expanse that was the room itself. He heard a voice and followed it. The voice, it sounded like Cliff's. "C-Cliff?"
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:31 pm

As Cliff peers around the room, he saw an image of a black dog standing still in the far right corner of the ballroom. The music continued to play, but there was also a voice of a man calling back to Cliff. He could not take his eyes of the big, black dog. Then suddenly the animal is standing dead-in-the center of the ballroom. The image blurs and shakes rapidly. It changes from a big dog, into a big man. Someone very familiar. The voice echoed, "Cliff?"
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:55 am

Jackson could now make out what appeared to be an owl. Jackson blinked hard at first, shook his head, and looked again. This time the figure was a man. It looked awfully familiar, like Cliff's silhouette. "Cliff, is that you?" Jackson called out, a bit louder now.
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:38 pm

"I feel...like...I'm not what I seem to be." Cliff was a little frightened and confused. "I am Cliff. I know you. You're Jackson Lee. Right? What IS this place?"
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:13 pm

"Yeah, its me. It's Jackson. I've no idea what this place is, mate," Jackson replied. "It looks like a ball room... but what does it mean?"
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:26 pm

"I'm not sure. The music has stopped. It sounds so echo in here. ECHO!"
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm

"Strange. It has." Jackson agreed. He looked around, listening for anything other than Cliff's echoing voice, but was met with complete silence. But then suddenly, the lights brightened, illuminating the room much more brilliantly.
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:43 pm

"Oh God! Now what? What did I do?" Cliff covered his eyes due to the sudden brightness. "Damn, It's quiet. Too quiet." Cliff uncovered his eyes. "I can't believe I just said that."
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Looking from one end of the room to the other, Jackson glanced from pillar to pillar, shadow to shadow. "Somehow, I don't think we're alone, Cliff."
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:21 pm

The red drapes were now wavering all around the ballroom. It is like they were coming to life. A familiar church organ can be heard like it was off in the distance. Cliff seems to recognize the style of the keyboard playing. "That... that sounds like, Jon Lord."
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:06 am

"You'd know better than me, I guess. I don't do this orchestra organ stuff." Jackson said with a chuckle, moving towards the sound of the organ.
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:04 pm

The red curtains begin to rustle again. Hollis Brown emerges from the curtains and runs up to Cliff and Jackson. He is being followed by the man in the black suit, Angelo. When Hollis stops, Angelo stops. They look at each other, then at Cliff and Jackson.

"I found him on the way," Hollis casually explains.

"Actually, I found him," Angelo corrects. He looks cautiously around the bright ballroom. "I had been lost inside those curtains for a long time. I was beginning to get worried that no one would show up. Then I heard his footsteps and reached toward him, just hoping he wasn't Mister Redman." Angelo puts his hands on is hips and heaves out a deep sigh.

"Strange," he says. He glances around the room again. "Usually there are people dancing in here. Huh." He rubs his chin with his right hand, while he leaves his left on his hip.
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 pm

"Maybe if whoever is playing the music should...play something a little more...upbeat." Cliff tries to smile, but a sudden frown takes over as he just freezes and stares at the two men.
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Johnson Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:24 pm

The right set of doors opens and makes a soft "woosh." A man comes shuffling in slowly. He's a elderly man and he is wearing a powder blue tuxedo, ruby red dress pants and a baby blue loafer on one foot and a ruby red loafer on the other. His hair is in a meticulous comb over and with the "woosh" of the door also came the overpowering scent of Aqua Velva aftershave. The man slowly but steadily walks up to Jackson and Cliff. He is carrying a tray of various beverages in his hand and with the way his hand wobbles it's a slight miracle he doesn't drop them all. When he comes close to Jackson and Cliff he says in a voice strong and confident, "Don't I know you gentlemen?"
Cameron Johnson
Cameron Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 am

Angelo looks hard at the old man in the baby blue and ruby red. "I know this man," Angelo says, pointing with a trembling finger. Right after he says this, the everything in the ballroom begins to glisten. The floor, the ceiling, the chandelier sparkle as gold. The red curtains appear as though they have been dusted with pixie dust.

Angelo's trembling hand drops to his side. He glances around and, after a moment, murmurs just audibly for the others to barely hear, "When a lot of people get together in the best places things go glimmering..."

Angelo hurriedly grabs hold of Hollis's left arm and Cliff's right arm. "Everyone, run!" He glances frantically at Jackson. "I... I think Mister Redman is here, in this dream. I know it. Somewhere, he's here, and we need, we need... Oh, there's no time!"

Dragging Hollis and Cliff forward, Angelo makes a mad dash toward the door. He opens the door, while behind him the ballroom continues to get brighter and brighter, until everything starts to blends into a swallowing white light. Angelo closes the door behind them, once everyone is on the other side.

Angelo, Hollis, Jackson, Cliff, and Cameron are now standing at one end of a hallway that stretches far into the distance. The walls are adorned with photographs of one man: Special Agent David Spencer. In each photo, he is in uniform, but each photo is unique. There is not a single copy. There must be thousands of different photos of David Spencer moving forward.

The hallway is well-lit by modern lamps positioned at even intervals down the hall. The carpet is dark brown, and the walls and ceiling are white. Other than the lamps and hanging photos, the hallway is empty.

Something approaches that is just barely visible. Its images is blurry and indistinguishable. Although the exact nature of its movement is not able to be determined, it is likely running, because it is approaching fast.
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Johnson Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:36 pm

"What is that?" Cameron says. His leather like voice is coated with a thick layer of fear and uncertainty.
Cameron Johnson
Cameron Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:14 pm

"I have no fucking idea. It looks like real bad news heading this way. Let's get the hell out of here!" Cliff turns around and tries to run. Someone is holding him back. "LET GO OF ME!" He looks back and no one is even touching him. "Oh god dammit!"
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:48 pm

With a sudden glance upwards, Cliff sees what appears to be a large air conditioner attached to the ceiling. As he stares, everyone in the hallway seems to be moving in ultra-slow motion. The circular air conditioner now changes in appearance. Water is flowing around inside. Light is seen far up high. It almost looks like the bottom of a well. "What the fuck! You guys see this?"
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis Brown Tue May 10, 2016 6:36 pm

Hollis Brown looks where Cliff is pointing. He then looks back down at Cliff. "I am seeing it, Cliff... But I don't know what it is that I am seeing."

Angelo looks pleadingly at the others.

"We're dead! Dead! Dead! We need to..."

He turns around, and there is only a wall now where the door into the ballroom used to be. Angelo clutches his head and begins to throw himself at the wall, to no effect. He is eventually going to hurt himself, if he keeps thrashing around like this.
Hollis Brown
Hollis Brown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Lee Wed May 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Jackson reached out to Angelo, grabbing his wrist and yanking him back from the wall. "Oi, mate. Enough." Jackson then looked to the others, his facial expressions going between disbelief and confusion. He stared upwards, then around, to get his bearings, but he couldn't make sense of things.
Jackson_Lee
Jackson_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliff Alset Thu May 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Cliff looks over to where the mysterious figure was previously coming at them. Now it stands in the hallway looking like a tree with six arms stretching outward. At the end of each branch there are round pods looking like severed heads. They are a deep red. Cliff slowly raises his right arm and points. "Oh my God. Look at that thing."
Cliff Alset
Cliff Alset

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Johnson Sun May 15, 2016 10:54 pm

"Are we talking about the ugly tree looking bastard or the meatloaf you serve at Porker's? Even with the senior citizen discount it's too expensive. What are we gonna do to stop it? For some reason I get the feeling I've tried before..." Cameron's voice trails off. Sounding lost in his thoughts.
Cameron Johnson
Cameron Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next